Thursday, June 28, 2007

Welcome to Gila Bend, AZ Part I

Welcome to Gila ("hee-la") Bend, Arizona... "Crossroads of the Southwest".


1700 friendly people and 5 old crabs, gotta love it!


We have ventured around to see what we could see...


A town that once thrived and is slowly deteriorating. The mine up the ways closed down and thus, the change of the town.


Can anyone tell me what is different in this photo?

Well, we are off to find some more interesting spots and learn about the rich history of this town. We will be adding more tomorrow... See you then!!

3 comments:

Debi said...

I love how the number of "old crabs" looks like it has been re-counted and adjusted as time goes on. ha! That cracks me up.

Say what? A BLUE and yellow McDonalds? What's up with that.

Have mucho fun in Heela, Windy.

Bobbie said...

Really, blue and yellow..who woulda thought it! Looks like a neat old place to explore in.

Audrey said...

In Bee Caves, Austin there is a Green and Yellow McDonalds. We've also seen one in New York, but I can't recall where. I love the sign. I love small towns like that.