Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!! Bonus photo tip... tripod! :)


Happy 4th of July!!!
Have fun and be safe!





Bonus Tip: Take better fireworks pictures! Because the Fourth of July is right around the corner, we thought you may enjoy a few quick tips about shooting fireworks displays:

Bring a tripod and a flashlight. Because it’s dark, you’ll need longer exposures, so use the tripod to avoid blurry photos. The flashlight will help you adjust your camera settings in the dark.

Set your camera on either Fireworks mode or Manual mode. In Fireworks mode, the camera will take care of the settings. In Manual mode, set your camera to ISO 200, aperture f/8, and shutter speed between 5 and 15 seconds. Take a look at the first few shots to see how they are turning out and adjust accordingly.

Include a landmark in the photo. As the fireworks explode, they will light up a statue, stadium, park, lake, or whatever the surrounding area includes.

Take a lot of frames! You can take 100 photos and only keep 2 great ones. Be a ruthless editor; you only need one or a few shots to frame and share!
(xpphoto.comby Digi Pixels)

* Just a little plug... I love developing my photos with
xpphoto.com. About 3 years ago, I was hired to take pictures and needed to have 3000 photos developed and quick... xp was awesome, helpful and we completed the job on time.

2 comments:

Arizona Mama said...

Thanks for the tips! I read them too late, of course, and I don't have a tripod, but I actually got some decent photos anyway.

Did you take any good ones? Share please? :D

Debi said...

Really great tips! I especially like the flashlight part. I love practical "secrets" like that -- the ones that make you go, "Aha! Of course. Why didn't I think of that."

Hope you all had a Happy Fourth there and, like Gina, I look forward to seeing how you captured it.