Sunday, July 1, 2007

This one is for Debi... My dirty little truth.



Ok, here it is... We are tiling, remodeling, adding on or reconfiguring and I think it is going to take close to a year. Room by room our dining room transforms into this... a mess. Now, I know it is not going to be forever and slowly the mess in the dining room will be gone, but I want it to stay gone. I have been working very hard over the last year to become less of a "saver" (we might need it some day) to a recycler. To become organized. To take controll of the clutter. But...

For a while we were living in our living room (1 1/2 months), or at least until the bedrooms were tiled. Well, I counted and we had 42 storge tubs full of books and that is not including the ones that were in the office, in other boxes and anywhere we could find room. YIKES!! My loving husband is so patient with me, but at some point enough is enough right?! (don't they say most marriages break up because of remodeling...how about books?:)...) So I started an Ebay bookstore... giving books away, keeping the ones I want, my dad, Hannah and Todd too.

I starting rambling and forgot where I was going with this... Oh, I remember! You can do it Debi!! :) Looking for more books??? Please... heheehehe

I can not wait for the day to post pictures of the finished project!!!

This blog is all about Hannah, or at least I am trying, so please forgive the rambling. :)

7 comments:

Audrey said...

From one book lover to another: www.bookmooch.com

Debi said...

Oh Windy, my heart goes out to you. Remodeling while still living at home is a test of every fiber of your being. I've never done it myself, but I have heard the horror stories. And, your picture speaks a thousand words.

I was going to ask YOU if you wanted any more books! ha ha ha Guess not. How's the eBay bookstore going? It was one of the options I thought about.

Now I want to encourage you, too. You can do it! If I squint my eyes, I can see how lovely your home will be when you are done. Hang in there. Hang in there. Hang in there.

Todd is an angel. Does he know you posted this picture of him sleeping?!

Hannah's Mom said...

Nope, he does not know yet. :) And NO THANK YOU!! on the books... my brain is saying that but my heart loving book says, sure send them on over. :) Actually I will post a picture of the floors we have done so far.

Next is the bathroom... oh I cant wait to see how the toilet looks in the dining room. ;)

Hannah's Mom said...

OOOOpppssss... the ebay thing works well, if! :) Actually we have sold a 100+ books and when I think about it I have to laugh. Who knew?!

I just read your other post and ooppss again, Audrey did say that about the capes and would you looky here, bookmarked the ebay page. LoL.

Bobbie said...

Hey I survived a whole house remodel. Now, believe it or not, we are planning and needing another one. Thank heavens it is not as major as the first. You will live through it but be sure to say a prayer every night asking God to bless your little family because you need it! Bookmooch.com works only if you donate your points to charity. I.e. you must send more books than you get! :)

Audrey said...

Bookmooch is nice for a small time collector like me. David and I only have maybe 200 - 300 books. We have 2 little bookshelves filled and that's it. I've seen the damage too many books can cause, so I'm all about sending out the ones I know that I won't read again. (Which is most of my books)

I LOVE taking pictures of David sleeping. I have a whole collection of them. He would kill me though if I posted any of them. *sigh* He's just so cute when he's asleep.

I hate to say this, but your house looks much like my first apartment did. Only. We weren't remodeling. I just didn't have anywhere to keep the collection of stuff I had accumulated since birth. I've since whittled that down significantly.

I'd love to see photos of the remodel. =)

lebanesa said...

Love these pictures - I understand the feeling. we have a lovely home, but it needs so much work - and one by one each room becomes like that....