Tuesday, September 18, 2007

This Great Universe

Crystalline Chapel, located in Chihuahua, Mexico. Discovered in 2000; some of these crystals are 36 feet in length, this cave is 950 feet below the surface, it is a whopping 120 F, the heat and water have allowed the gypsum to form into massive moon-white beams.
Article: Neil Shae Photo: Speleoresearch & Films, La Venta
Circular patches of barren soil on the edge of the Namib Desert. "Cryptic Desert Dimples" these circles are also so known as "fairy rings". Biochemist Carl Albrecht is close to proving what other scientists think these are: Termites are to blame.
Photo: Richard Du Toit
WOW!! It has been a few days since posting... I have missed so much. :) I can not come up with any profound words, hey, having problems even spelling it, so I will leave you with this...
Gone Greeen?

If you have implemented any "Gone Green" ways in your life, please share with us. :)

* I found these 2 photos in this months National Geographic... I absolutely love this magazine and just as my Dad shared it with me, we love sharing it with Hannah (she just loves it too!). Something else... I better not!!! The end! :) I wish you all could see my face as I am conflicted about this, to post or not, that is the question?! LOL I think I have finally lost it!!

4 comments:

Leah said...

By Gone Green, do you mean more natural/tree hugger/hippie-type stuff?:D I'm always working on it.:) My latest accomplishment has been switching to cloth diapers...I don't use them 100% of the time, but we have been able to cut waaay back on disposables. I'm also switching to cloth sanitary products for myself.

Awesome pictures!!!

Hannah's Mom said...

Yay! I loved cloth diapers. You will have to let me know how the other works out for you. It is so easy to use what is easiest, but hey, i'll try anything to save our planet. :)

Bobbie said...

I love these new science factoids! I did not know about the circles but had heard of the crystal caves. How interesting!

The latest green thing I did was clean out my dry vent. You wouldn't believe how much lint was caught there and how it reduced the drying time from 56 minutes to 34 minutes!

Hannah's Mom said...

Yay Bobbie!! Way to go! I love what you did... simple enough and look how much energy you are saving. :)
Have a great day!