Wednesday, November 21, 2007

MMMmmmm.... My new potatoe recipe.

Ok, the guilt was starting to hit about my mom's potatoes. It is just so rich and full of fat. Oh, I love those potatoes, but they just aren't fitting in. Plus, they are only great when Mom makes them. :) So, I have taken a few of my other favorite mashed potato recipes and combined them as follows: :)

4 lbs potatoes
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups pureed cauliflower
margarine (yuck!)
2 cups milk

+ a good cheese, I am going to eye ball this.

SSSShhhh, don't tell Matty, there's veggies in these potatoes. :)
I was thinking of substituting Mashed Cheesy Cauliflower for the potatoes, but I had some grumbling from the peanut gallery. I guess I will just have to use self control, now that is funny!!

We will be trying another new recipe this holiday... Anitgone posted a wonderful cranberry salad recipe. I am one who likes real cranberry, either chutney or a salad like Antigones. Yummy!!!

Here's to enjoying one another... Have a very blessed and happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: