Friday, June 29, 2007

Gila Bend, AZ

Gila Bend, AZ...
What can you say? HOT!
I wanted to include more info. about the photos, but I really did not have that much. :)
Here is a link to the city if you would like to read up on... but really, what more is there to say, HOT!!
We stayed at the Space Age Lodge, which is interesting in itself. "Space Age"... the murials are painted in the main lobby, which is circular and has tons of photos of the shuttle, moon walk and other "space" items. The restaraunt was also space age decorated... Very interesting. ;)
The figurines in the photos are works of metal and are very beautiful. I want a bunch of them... can you see it now, if we ever had to move we would have a trailer of metal art work to cart around. hehhehehe Todd says "NO WAY!!"... oh, come on... :)
P.S. Debi, looky, mountains... :)

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Wow, what a great town and great photos. Looks like something out of an old western, almost. That lake is gorgeous! I'd love to just float on it. Thank you, I didn't realize how much I was missing the west. You get some really great stuff out there.

Debi said...

Oh man, I love all that FUNKY Southwest art! And you are my kind of chick (and family) to stay at the "Space Age Lodge" -- what a hoot!

If I'm ever in the area, Gila Bend is definitely on my To See list. Thanks for those great pictures, Windy. LOVE THEM!

P.S. I'm out on an impromptu little Photo Safari myself today. Hopefully I'll come back with some nice "trophies" too. ;)