Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Mom's "Hot and Cold" photos...

AZ HOT... Traveling from place to place and the heat took a toll on him, the truck and the dog.

"Jim"... Staying cool, or AZ Cold (air conditioning) at Mc Donalds.

Here is a little on Jim... He is a Veteran and travels to different locations, in his words, he is a traveler. He lived in Laredo, Mexico, but had to come back in order to keep his money coming in. It took him 8 days, 22 rides and 2 rain storms to get from just east of El Paso to Gila Bend. He was a nice man.

Todd asked him if he needed a few bucks, (until his check comes in), and Hannah, very quietly, handed him the change daddy just gave her to get something out of the "thing" machine without our urging. In her shy voice said, "here you go... you can have this". Thank you Lord!!!

* I am studying Social Problems for a sociology class and I think my mind saw this because of that.:)

3 comments:

Bobbie said...

I love your version of Hot and Cold, especially the old truck boiling over and resting in the shade. Very cool!

lebanesa said...

Bless her, you must have been so proud.

Debi said...

Wonderful pictures, Windy.

You just gotta love the old truck, parked under two trees, the dog hunkered down in the shade, and the pan of water out. I can feel the heat from here.

And I love the picture of the Traveler Jim. Those eyes peering right at me. Bless his heart.

I'm so glad you and Hannah are joining in the 2 Things.