Thursday, July 26, 2007

An afternoon of nature...






This afternoon we decided to take lead from Donna and tied apples to our tree to see what types of birds we can attract. Well, it got hot and after an hour of being outside we all decided we would try again later... it surely wasnt the movement and noise from the kids that was keeping them away. ;) lol So I am hoping tonight to get some good photos.

Here is what we did with our poor sunflower... and the praying mantis *S* brought when she picked up *M* to go home.

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

I was wondering about the cottonwood fruit, thinking that's funny I never noticed that before...lol. Love the praying mantis, nice photo of a good bug!

Debi said...

LOL, Mom.

I love your porch, Windy! With all the things hanging from it, like the hummingbird feeder, the flower, the chimes. I love that homey look.

Donna says her birds especially love grapes. They fuss at her when she's out of them.