Monday, August 20, 2007

The first day... So far so good!!

First, Thank you to all of you supporters!!! Your words of encouragement are pulling me through. :)

Boy, did I improvise today... First day of school and about an hour behind. I had a banana and an apple with a little peanut butter. It actually held me until lunch. For lunch, well, I did make good choices. Subway is right down the road from the college and I had lunch there. A 6 in. chicken and cheese on honey wheat with bell peppers, tomato, spinach, with vinegar and oil. It was tasty and satisfying. I brought almonds for a snack today and that should work. :)

I am realizing that Mondays need to be my day of rest from exercise or I need to find, nope, Mondays are just going to be a school day.

*Here's a tip... count how many times you chew a bite, it slowed me way down and I felt fuller when I was done.

Ok, done with my lunch time get away and now I back to solving those pesky math problems.
Thank you again for all of your support!!

5 comments:

Bobbie said...

You are doing good Wendy. The first days are the hardest and I speak with a lot of familiarity on this subject. Since I retired I have lost over 50 pounds and quite a few of those more than once :) I should weigh at the most 136, but am now at 161.8 as of this morning. Just 24.2 lbs away from a normal weight! Keep up the good work, you can look forward to a healthier life as your reward!

Anonymous said...

You can do it, WINDY!!!

Debi said...

(Hey, Christina I love your new pic -- beautiful face and lovely colors!)

Windy, I know you can do it. When I read how much you already lost, it was one more thing, in a long line of things, to add about what I love about you -- you have determination.

Me, I didn't get around to posting my goals for this coming week. They are rather simple, though: eat right and exercise. What more could I say about that? I'm sure as I get a little more success under my belt (or NOT under my belt, har), I'll be happily compelled to share on my blog.

Charity Grace said...

Oh, you are making me hungry for Subway! I'd rather eat there than any other fast food place. I really need to revamp our eating habits too. We just don't eat as well as we used to. Keep up the good work!

Antigone said...

Improvising...that is what dieting is all about. And you made really good choices. Good for you and on a Monday too!

Yesterday after 2 hours shopping at Wal-mart, I bought a pre-made salad in the produce department and then let Katlynn get a Happy Meal at the McDonald's inside the store since we were both so hungry. I was very proud of that "improvising" choice. And felt so much better after that than I would have if I would have ordered a Big Mac!