Sunday, August 19, 2007

Adopting a new eating life style!


Here is the first day menu... Now with school I might have to re figure Monday and Wednesday a little, but it can be done!! Debi had a great idea... posting every Monday what your goals are for that week and your last weeks progress. Fabulous!! This is going to be fun!! I am thinking, for all of you who are going to participate, why don't we start off by posting what our goals are and why. This way we can have a little insight for encouragement purposes. :) Thank goodness I haven't done my 6 months shopping yet. :)

Are any of you a Dr. Weil fan? I need to read his book again, always helps to get me on track.

Breakfast

1/3 cantaloupe
1 slice whole-grain toast
2 tsp peanut butter
1 apple

Lunch
2 cups fresh spinach salad
2 ounces grilled chicken breast
1 tbs. olive oil
1 tbs. vinaigrette
1 small whole-wheat pita
1 apple

Dinner
5 ounces fish (cod, halibut, etc.)
1 small sweet potato
2-3 cups broccoli, carrots, peppers, onions sauteed in garlic and olive oil
1 cup fresh fruit

Snacks (mid morning or mid afternoon) - 1 small handful of nuts (almonds, peanuts, pecans, walnuts, etc.)

Good Luck and God's Speed!!

4 comments:

Bobbie said...

This diet sounds so healthy and delicious too, judging from your menu. It is good that Todd is participating, that makes it much easier. Good luck to you on this new life style.

Debi said...

Happy Monday, Windy. I hope your week of eating healthy (I won't say the "D" word) goes really well. I love the Mediterranean pyramid, thank you for including it.

Hannah's Mom said...

Oh thank you Ladies!! I am at school waiting for class to start and wanted to wish you all the same and here is to the first week of eating healthy for a long time. (hehehehe... I dont want to jeenx it).

School has started and just this morning I gained a new amount of inspiration!! I can do it!! School, eating health... hey guess what Hannah did last night after dinner? Todd and I were going to have a little dessert for our last of naughty eating and Hannah said... "I dont want dessert. I want to be healthy and we do not need to eat dessert"... So there you go, she stopped us all from putting yucky into our bodies. :) My new inspiration, Hannah and my blog'n friends. :)

Have a most fabulous day!

Rima said...

Yay, Windy - your menu sounds delicious. I saw that you left a comment on Bobbie's recipe blog about the salmon recipe. You know, you really can get away with brushing a little bit of the mayo combo, and indulging in the sauce if it's low-fat or fat-free because you're really only using abt a tablespoon of sauce. The sweet potato would be terrific with it. Have you tried oven-baked sweet potato fries? Delicious and sinless! I'll send Bobbie all my best recipes (most of them are healthy - I suffer from IBS and have to be careful about fat, etc..), so you'll get even more variety.

All the best, and good luck, we're all rootin' for you!