Friday, August 31, 2007

Fish out of water, that is me!


I am no where proficient with use of that graphic pen. I have to learn to hold and press and push buttons and ... well, you get the drift. :) I also need to learn about Photoshop. Hopefully through Debi, Rima, Neda, and Bobbie, I will do just that.

You can tell, by my cut out, that my hand isn't the steadiest, but what fun. Once I get the hang of it, watch out, ill be cutting everything out and copying and pasting. I also need to get Photoshop for dummies. I am getting lost and keep referring back to steps from your blogs. Thank heaven someone knows what they are doing. :)
This is what I wanted to do with this one, picture it... the mermaid Debi made (beautiful!), but cut her arms, pasting them close to her mouth, adding a flute, having the fish jump out of the water towards the music notes, and the flower (all from Debi's blog) as the sun. Then I would need to figure out shadowing to lead the light of the sun to the mermaid. Oh if I only new how to do all of this!! Practice... Practice!
Thank you Debi, I hope you didn't mind me using your art work...

4 comments:

Bobbie said...

Wow! I am impressed with your cutout. I could never do that with a mouse. It looks nice and clean...oh boy, this could be digital collage. I must have this toy!

lebanesa said...

That looks just great. I know what you mean about getting lost. I take so long with Photoshop. I took Irene's advice and tried a Trial of Paintshop Pro and I'm finding that a bit easier to use.
the graphic pen seems like such fun.
Atta girl.

Debi said...

Your rendition of the happy fish makes me happy! (It's from a 1951 children's book titled Whopper Whale written & illustrated by Anne Vaughan). I'm glad you are having fun with the graphic pen and I know as time goes on you'll be our resident expert.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having FUN! YEAH!!!