Saturday, September 29, 2007

I have been tagged!!

Hi Everyone! I fell off my computer for over a week and not on purpose. :) I am nearing the final phase of school and have had several appointments to meet with different Universities and so on. This is taking so much time on top of trying to stay on task in all of my classes.

Today was Todd's Grandma's 90th Birthday and his family had a wonderful celebration for her. It was just great!!! All of us in the family bought her a computer, she wanted one and I think everyone is excited to have her online. Family, I will post some pictures tonight.

Here is what I have been "tagged" on... How I got engaged.

This is a "new age" story. :) Todd and I met online, that is right, online. I lived in Wyoming and he lived here in Arizona. We emailed each other and chatted on Instant Messaging for 2 years before meeting. We really got to know each other in that 2 years. We both had been married before and we both had our lists of what we would not except and what we wished to have. Although our conversations never really were about getting married ourselves, or to each other, it was more in general. Plus, we didn't think we would ever meet. :)

Well, I went home to California to help my Dad with my Mom and when I told Todd this we made plans to meet in Lake Havasu. (My Grandparents have a home there and Todd had access to a place to stay himself... plus if you ever met my Grandpa you know I would have been safe. :)) Those plans got changed and I took a leep of faith and met him in Tucson.

It was like meeting my best friend and it felt like we had known each other forever. A few weeks past and we were having one of our phone conversations and he said to me that he did not want to live without me in his life. The conversation progressed from there and he asked me over the phone in May of 1999 to marry him... of course!! :) I felt the same exact way and we were married that December. (There was so much more to it, but that is it in a nut shell.)

2 years getting to know someone through mail, email, and phone conversations, well, it was better than I could ever imagine... I really knew who he was, my true love, Todd. :)

Now I am suppose to tag 3 people myself...

Christina
Audrey
Bobbie

This was fun!!

2 comments:

Charity Grace said...

Awwwwww!!! I love it! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Fun...
I will have to sit down and think on this one. (I'll try not to strain myself. LOL)