Friday, September 21, 2007

Question of the day. :)


VS.



Ok, it might not be the question of the day, but it is my question for today. I was just asked this question in my Human Geography Class and the answers are very interesting. So, I thought, "it would be interesting to hear from my blog friends on this topic", cause I do consider you all to the most intelligent and amazing people. :)(Really I do!)

Q. Which do you believe has a greater impact on diffusing popular culture, television or the internet, and why?

I will post my answer and a few of my classmates this evening... very interesting. :)

Have a fabulous day everyone!

5 comments:

Bobbie said...

I remember the days when we didn't have television. Quite different from now. The big difference, I think, is that while television diffuses it is a one-way diffusion, that is the audience has no to communicating back to the television. While the internet is quite different and many viewpoints are received and sent.

I'd be interested to hear what your classmates think.

Charity Grace said...

I don't really know. Personally, we gave up our brief stint with cable, so the internet is our main connection with pop culture (except for the occasional rented movie). But I realize that I'm the exception in that regard...However, I think more and more people are giving up/limiting TV, so maybe the internet will soon have more impact, if it doesn't already.

Debi said...

I think so far in history, it is still Television. TV changed so much in human life so quickly. It made us our culture more homogenized.

The Internet, though, seems to have something of the opposite effect, although it is still too early to say what its impact will be. From my point of view, it gives us our individuality back.

P.S. Hello Windy, Todd, Mike, & Hannah! Hope you all are well!

Charity Grace said...

Hey, you're tagged at my blog!

[G@ttoGiallo] said...

... you mean : on diffusing "global" culture !
Both of them, but the internet is interactive, which is a + .
Lol