Friday, October 5, 2007

Books... Reading... so much more!


Hi Ladies and Gents!! We wanted to check in and say "HI!". Life is busy, busy and busy.... (putting on the breaks) Wait a minute, :) Hannah has been struggling with her reading and it hit me in more ways than one. I need to read more, more than school books, I need to feed my soul right now, not only for me, but for my family. Of course I picked up my bible, then I bought some books which are helping me to help Hannah, and then I bought 2 pleasure books.





Two quotes that have stood out to me recently were, “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10) and the second (and please forgive me I am not sure who said this), "Being still is the only religion." So, I need to be still. I got it! I heard it! I am going to do it! Oh yeah, someone told me about a yoga class, going to sign up for that! Be still!!



I have some big decisions coming up and I am seeing how being still will help me in making those decisions. I will be honest with all of my fellow bloggin friends :), I am getting a little nervous... I am coming to a stage of change and accomplishment that I have never experienced and it is a little (not scary, not uneasiness) perplexing (?).

WOW-WEE!!! Anyways, watching Oprah today and I heard something fun to do and I hope you all will give this a try with me. :)

Journaling...
(The author of "Eat, Pray, Love" suggested to do this and I am going to give it a try!)
Questions to ask yourself and journal:

1. What do you really, really, really want?

2. Happiest Moment of the day.

3. Change your mantra. (We all have one, good or bad, but it is time for change. :))

Have a fabulous weekend and will see you all next week! :)

Sending Good Thoughts and Lots of Love your way!

3 comments:

Bobbie said...

I like the idea of changing my mantra and have asked myself what my mantra is. And asking yourself what the happiest moment of the day helps one focus on the positive things in your life.

Hannah's Mom said...

Bobbie... I asked myself that same question, what is my Mantra? Time to redefine it.

The what do you really, really, really want question... It do not think it means material things. (I thought I better clarify :))

I full heartly believe in Mantra and I always say to my friends that are going through a tough time, "Time to change your Mantra" :), it works for me so why not give it a try. ;)

I really thought about this last night and I still have some redefining to do.

Happiest moment of the day was great to actually write the "positive" (like you said) down, and the really, really, really want was great too, it should help guide me on this journey. :)

Thanks for sharing with me Bobbie!

lebanesa said...

I think you are so right to go for being still. We can only hear ourselves think when we are quiet and have time and space. Sometimes a chill out time is good for us grown ups. 'Go to your room and think about this' should work for us too - but no-one tells us - LOL
Good luck in this whole thing. You are one brave lady making changes and growing and seeing where you want to go. Sometimes being honest with yourself is the hardest part.