Sunday, December 16, 2007

Dogs... more dogs... found dog.






My dear hubby took and Hannah and the next door neighbor boys to the wash to play (while I took my 2 hour online final, 1 more down and 1 more to go! Thank you dear hubby!!) and look what they found sitting in our front yard, Top picture.
A full size Golden Retriever. Holy Moly Guacamole!! Is that how big Charlie is going to be?! We posted found pictures after he would not leave our yard and just cried and cried. It hit a low of 19 or so, so he slept inside (sorry to the owners for spoiling him, it was just too cold and our dogs were inside). Todd and Hannah are out right now hanging more flyers and dont tell Hannah, but I hope we find the owners today!
Hannah has a great big heart, but when it comes to animals... her heart just burst with love for them. She said we needed to come up with a nickname for him so he knew were talking to him and not one of the other dogs. :) Try explaining why we shouldn't do that to a 7 year old who fell in love already. Todd came up with... Hannah how would you feel if someone found Charlie and called him something else and gave up looking for his owner because they wanted to keep him. Hannah replied with, they wouldnt do that cause Charlie has a collar with a tag on it that tells them his name and our address!! LOL Please, let us find his owners today!!

4 comments:

Bobbie said...

A beautiful dog, Windy. I'm like Hannah...wish you could keep him. But I know how it is having 5 dogs of my own and no room for more. Friday I helped find the owner of a Spaniel dog that showed up at my work. That felt real good!


Now I have some fear in my heart and I have to tell you why. I worry about that bank the kids were playing on, that they might decide to build caves or hideouts in it. Please don't let them. These banks are real bad to cave in and any sort of earthen dug "cave" even on flat land can kill kids. I remember doing this same thing when I was about Hannah's age and playing inside for a few days. One morning we got up and saw the whole thing had caved in during the night and realized that we could have been inside. You probably already know about this but I would never forgive myself if I didn't warn you.

Hannah's Mom said...

Thank you Bobbie!! The hole was dug by the big Golden Retriever... cool spot thing.

Todd wont let them dig in those mounds. There are piles of moulded dirt (dont know what you call them... :)) about 6 inches to 1 foot in the center of the wash and that is where they make their tunnels and caves for their action figures. lol We wintessed the side of the wash, oh about 30+ feet, come tubbling down because they shot it with an elephant gun and well, no digging.

Thank you for watching out for our wee ones!! I just love ya!!! :)

Debi said...

Awwww. I know how hard it is for both Hannah and you and Todd. It's so easy to love a big guy like that one (my Max who is in Dog Heaven was a golden retriever). Maybe he lost his collar? Max was so rambunctious that it happened a time or two that his collar came off, in the yard, but still.

I hope you find the owner who is probably worried sick. And hopefully the consolation to Hannah will be to see the gladness of dog and man/woman/child when they are reunited.

Debi said...

I just realized that's a lot to ask of a seven year old. I forget sometimes that Hannah is so young -- her heart is adult sized.