Thursday, July 26, 2007

A new appreciation... in multiple ways!

I would like to Thank all of you, but especially Debi...
Through her photo a day blog, she gave me the inspiration to see something new in our surroundings each and every day.
Thank you Debi, my Blog Soul Sista!!
The beginning of this year I was really feeling yucky about AZ again. (I go through my spurts) Now, I have a brand new appreciation because of the eye of the camera (thanks to Debi)... I know this may sound a little, uuummm, not sure, but it has left me thinking, WOW, amazing... We revisited all of our photos from the last few months and it is truly amazing! An example... the centrury blooming, we know people who have lived here for the entire life and haven't seen that, but we got to this year. That is truly amazing! Mailboxes, who would have thought that would help me, but it has... look at how diverse and creative people are here. :) I could go on and on. I have seen the beauty and I know I better for the change. :)
I know what it is... dirt, dirt and more dirt, but when the desert comes a live, outstanding!!! I can hardly wait for winter again so I can find another new appreciation of our surroundings!
So thank you to all!!

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

It will grow on you more and more, trust me. Attitude is what makes you see the good in where you are, don't you think? My mom moved to NM from Mississippi when I was 3 years old. In the end she made the best desert rat you ever saw. She loved it and found so much beauty there. Just like Debi, always looking deeper.

Debi said...

Aw Mom. I love reading your comments. Truth is, my mom is the one who knows how to "bloom where you are planted." We lived so many places growing up, and yet, she always dug right in, making friends, exploring, and teaching us kids about beauty, diversity, and fortitude.

And Windy, I couldn't be more pleased that my blog has given you a new-found appreciation for your surroundings. The desert does take a special eye for beauty. I'm glad you found yours. You are a Soul Sista Extraordinaire!